![]() |
| First family photo |
Tonight we will celebrate with what I hope will be some tasty Colombian food (kinda wishing I'd have practiced more this past year!).
| Hug for papi now |
| Look at Joel's face! |
At the same time, it's difficult to remember our family without Karen.
We've had some hard times together, but we've had many, many more good times.
| Crazy kids! |
Karen is a strong and determined girl. She knows what she likes, what she believes, what she thinks. She is not swayed by what others do, wear, say. Or even the facts!
She is called "fearless" and "risk-taker"by her teachers- both in the classroom and on the playground.
She loves to hug, give kisses and get tickled. She wants to wear dresses, and jewelry and paint her nails and do her hair just right...and mix it up with her brother and his friends and climb like a monkey on the playground.
![]() |
| She's made some great friends! |
She loves riding her bike- which she taught herself to ride after 2 very determined hours of work. No training wheels here.
And boy, can she talk!
I'm learning the fine art of parenting more gently- through hugs and tears.
.
This is Karen. Our daughter,
God has given her so much strength and resilience. I don't know how she's made sense of new parents, new home, new country, new family. Just like that.
Miracle.






We are so thrilled for your family and join you in celebrating the wonder of adoption! What a gift to journey for a little while together on this pathway. We wish you all the best in the days to come.
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely beautiful. I feel blessed to have been there in the beginning of it ;)
ReplyDelete