Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Of course it's a bad idea

It wasn't my idea. The attorney said I should go home. She said it would be fine, everything would work out. Other families did it.

It would be nice if she was right, but she's not.

I had Karen's psychologist from the orphanage come out to talk to us- to get her thoughts/opinions. We then told Karen of the possibility that I would leave.

Karen fell apart. Good news...she's attached! You know, the big worry in adoption- will the child attach? Karen is attached and that means to leave would break that attachment.

Another attachment broken. Remember our tough first couple weeks?

Of course it's a bad idea. I think there was a part of me that hoped it wouldn't be. Because I want to go home. But, I knew better.

So very hard also to imagine leaving her.

So we wait. I cannot believe all that things that have gone wrong. So many people have come and gone.

There are two women here who have become my support. One leaves tomorrow. The other Friday.

I'm beginning to feel very alone.

I sent an email to the US Embassy last night at the encouragement of others who have adopted from Colombia. I've yet to hear back. I did ask the friend leaving tomorrow to ask about my situation when she went to the Embassy today. Turns out, her caseworker is the person who got my email. He told her they didn't know about the strike until he received it and that they were planning to meet with ICBF (agency in charge of children/adoptions) to discuss it tomorrow. In the past, ICBF has intervened and (somehow) got judges to sign paperwork- in cafes, I'm told. It's a little foggy to me how that happens. Anyway, that usually happens after a strike has gone on for a while. He told my friend he would email me...still waiting though.

He has my info though. Maybe this will be our miracle?

We desperately need God's divine intervention here.

Please pray.


3 comments:

  1. I was going to say what Brenda said. We know that our God CAN!!! I pray that He WILL!!! Hugs and continued prayers for you!!

    ReplyDelete